Murdock the Kelpie Premium Crochet Pattern, printable
The Premium Pattern of Murdock the Kelpie amigurumi is a printable, 15-page, ad-free, professionally formatted pattern, with extra photos not in the free version.
This is a PATTERN for CROCHET ONLY!
All patterns are written in English, in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
Originally published on Hooked by Kati blog, June, 2019.
UPDATED with THREE more pages of assembly photos!
This pattern is a printable .pdf file, ready for instant download, ad free, and in a professional format. It contains extra pictures not found in the free version. This pattern is also available in a web-only, free format at www.hookedbykati.com.
Do not put this or any soft toy in a crib with a sleeping baby to reduce risks of suffocation.
Intermediate. Knowledge needed of chains (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), half double double crochet (dc), increases and decreases. Knowledge of amigurumi part attachment is recommended. Pattern uses short rounds for shaping.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn, 100% acrylic, worsted weight, 364 yds/7 oz/198 g, White (MC), < 1 ball.
- Red Heart Super Saver Stripes yarn, 100% acrylic, worsted weight, 236 yds/5 oz/141 g, Cool Stripe (AC), 1 ball.
- G (4.00 mm) hook
- Two 15mm colored round-pupil safety eyes
- Polyfil stuffing
- Tapestry needle
- Straight pins
10″ tall x 20″ long from hoof to tail
Gauge is not important for amigurumi. Be sure to use the same hook throughout to ensure proportional size.
- Work in continuous rounds. Do not slip stitch unless otherwise specified by the pattern.
- For best results, assemble parts in order as directed.
- Weave in attachment end at very end of project in case pieces require repositioning.
- Rounds labeled “Short round” are worked back and forth and will end before the round is complete, leaving stitches deliberately unworked to be worked in later rounds as instructed. This will create the curve of the tail.
- When instructed, an additional sc will be added at the end of a round to move the starting stitch of the next round to the left. This will keep the curves in a straight line on the tail.
- On pieces containing short rounds, stuff firmly to blend texture of stitches.
You may sell products made by this pattern, but please link back to hookedbykati.com or credit Hooked By Kati on the craft fair tag. Do not copy this pattern for distribution or sale; that’s not nice and slightly illegal.
All my patterns come with unlimited help from me. If you run into a snag, drop me a line! I respond quickly and will help any way I can to clarify any confusion or challenging stitches.