Niffler Premium Crochet Pattern, printable
Niffler amigurumi crochet pattern, printable .pdf, instant download
This is a PATTERN for CROCHET ONLY!
All patterns are written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
This pattern is for an amigurumi Niffler. Pattern is 9 pages long and includes photo tutorials for stitches and assembly and a link to a stitch tutorial video.
The Niffler is a mischievous creature, who has a tendency to steal and hoard gems, gold, and anything else shiny it can find. I would suggest keeping this fellow away from your jewelry box.
Easy/Intermediate pattern. Need to have knowledge of chains (ch)s, single crochet (sc), increases and decreases, and amigurumi part attachment. Knowledge of loop stitch useful, but an eagerness to learn is a great substitute.
- Red Heart Super Saver, 100% acrylic, worsted weight, jumbo skein 14 oz/744 yds, Black (Main Color: MC) 1 ball, Buff (Accent Color: AC) <1 ball.
- H (5.00 mm) hook
- Acrylic paint in “Melon” or “Red Orange”
- Thick paint brush or sponge brush
- Two 15 mm safety eyes
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Tapestry Needle
Finished Niffler is 14 inches tall and 7 inches wide.
- Work in continuous rounds. Do not slip stitch unless otherwise specified by the pattern.
- For best results, assemble parts in order as directed.
- Weave in attachment end at very end of project in case pieces require repositioning.
- Loop Stitch (Loop-st): Insert hook through st, loop yarn back to front over 2 fingers, slide hook over nearside of loop, grab farside of loop and pull through st, yo, pull through both loops on hook, remove fingers from loop.
Find a video tutorial of the Loop Stitch at https://www.hookedbykati.com/2017/11/13/loop-stitch-video/
- Loop Stitch Decrease (loop-st dec): Insert hook through st,yo, pull through st, insert hook through st, loop yarn back to front over 1 finger, slide hook over nearside of loop, grab farside of loop and pull through st, yo, pull through both loops on hook, remove finger from loop.
- Single Crochet join (sc join): Place slip knot on hook, insert hook into desired st, yo, pull through, yo and draw through both loops on hook.
You may sell products made by this pattern, but please link back to hookedbykati.com or credit Hooked By Kati on the craft fair tag. Do not copy this pattern for distribution or sale; that’s not nice and slightly illegal.
All my patterns come with unlimited help from me. If you run into a snag, drop me a line! I respond quickly and will help any way I can to clarify any confusion or challenging stitches.
Hooked by Kati is a proud fan of Fantastic Beasts and claims no ownership of the Niffler concept or its creation. This is a fan-made pattern.