Regal the Peacock Premium Crochet Pattern, printable
Updated! The Premium Pattern of Regal the Peacock amigurumi is a printable, 10-page, ad-free, professionally formatted pattern, with extra guide photos not included in the free version.
This is a PATTERN for CROCHET ONLY!
All patterns are written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
Originally published on Hooked by Kati blog, May, 2019.
UPDATED with TWO more pages of assembly photos!
This pattern is a printable .pdf file, ready for instant download, ad free, and in a professional format. It contains extra pictures not found in the free version. This pattern is also available in a web-only, free format at www.hookedbykati.com.
Do not put this or any soft toy in a crib with a sleeping baby to reduce risks of suffocation.
Intermediate. Knowledge needed of chains (ch), single crochet (sc), double crochet (dc), increases and decreases. Knowledge of amigurumi part attachment is recommended. Pattern uses non-traditional shaping techniques.
- Red Heart With Love, 100% acrylic, worsted weight, 370 yds/ 7 oz / 198 g per ball, 200 yds Peacock (PEA), 200 yds Lettuce (GRN), 100 yds Iced Aqua (AQU), 100 yds Light Grey (GRY), 100 yds Black (BLK), <50 yds White (WHT).
- Red Heart Super Saver, 100% acrylic, worsted weight, 364 yds/ 7 oz / 198 g per ball, <100 yds Warm Brown (BRN).
- G (4.00 mm) hook
- H (5.00 mm) hook
- Two 15mm colored safety eyes
- Polyfil stuffing
- Tapestry needle
- Straight pins (optional)
- 2 6” wooden dowels (optional)
11″ tall x 18″ long from beak to tail
Gauge is not important for amigurumi. Be sure to use the same hook throughout to ensure proportional size.
- Work in continuous rounds. Do not slip stitch unless otherwise specified by the pattern.
- For best results, assemble parts in order as directed.
- Weave in attachment end at very end of project in case pieces require repositioning.
- Changes for Tail Feather sizes are written Small (Medium, Long, Extra-Long).
- Ch-3 at beginning of Rounds count as dc.
- Single Crochet Join – Sc join: With slip knot over hook, insert hook through st, yo, pull though stitch, yo, pull through both loops on hook. Sc created.
- Loop Stitch Join – Loop-st join: With slip knot over hook, insert hook through st, wrap yarn over finger, pull left side of loop behind right side of loop and pull through the stitch, yo, pull through both loops on hook. Loop-st created.
- Loop Stitch – Loop-st: Insert hook through st, wrap yarn over finger, pull left side of loop behind right side of loop and pull through the stitch, yo, pull through both loops on hook. Loop-st created.
You may sell products made by this pattern, but please link back to hookedbykati.com or credit Hooked By Kati on the craft fair tag. Do not copy this pattern for distribution or sale; that’s not nice and slightly illegal.
All my patterns come with unlimited help from me. If you run into a snag, drop me a line! I respond quickly and will help any way I can to clarify any confusion or challenging stitches.