Scout the Newborn Gryphon | Premium Pattern 2.0
The Premium Pattern of the Classic Ghost Buddy amigurumi is a printable pdf with clear instructions, LOTS of photos, and checkboxes for every row.
This is a PATTERN for crochet only, designed to help you make your very own Scout the Newborn Gryphon!
All patterns are written in English, in US terms, using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
Scout the Newborn Gryphon Premium Pattern 2.0 is designed to be easy to read. Whether you are a confident beginner or an expert plushy artist, this pattern comes equipped with everything you need to succeed. When you are finished with your project you will have learned new and useful skills for your art form and created a beautiful piece to cherish.
Updated Premium Patterns include checkboxes to keep you on track and organized, color coding when needed, and MANY pages of helpful tutorial photos right where you need them (and none where you don’t).
Confident you can do it without helpful photos or checkboxes? This pattern is also available for free in a text-only format (not downloadable) at www.hookedbykati.com.
You Need to Know: Chains (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), back loops only (BLO), front loops only (FLO), increases and decreases, mattress stitch sewing. Be eager to learn and ready to have fun!
You Will Practice Advanced Techniques:
- How to add texture to your amigurumi
- How to use pins to perfectly place and attach amigurumi parts
- How to make no-sew feathers integrated right into the amigurumi
- How to curve 3D crochet using short rounds
- How to merge and branch parts with several branches
- How to sculpt crochet with tapestry needle
- Big Twist Value yarn, 100% acrylic, worsted weight, 380 yds/6 oz/170 g, Rust (RUST), < 1 ball; White (WHT), < 1 ball; Mustard (MUST), 1 ball; Chocolate Brown (CHOC), 1 ball; Soft Grey (GREY), < 1 ball; Light Rose (ROSE), < 1 ball; Black (BLK), scraps.
- G (4.00 mm) hook
- Two 24mm colored round-pupil safety eyes
- Polyfil stuffing
- Tapestry needle
- Straight pins
- Stitch markers
13” tall x 7” wide with 13” wingspan
8 sts x 8 rows in sc = 2” x 2”
Post comments and pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #hookedbykati, on the Facebook Page, or in the Hookers and Crafters Facebook Group.
You may sell products made by this pattern, but please link back to hookedbykati.com or credit Hooked By Kati on the craft fair tag. Do not copy this pattern for distribution or sale; that’s not nice and slightly illegal.
All my patterns come with unlimited help from me. If you run into a snag, drop me a line! I respond quickly and will help any way I can to clarify any confusion or challenging stitches.
A selection of free patterns, tutorials, and fun crochet articles can also be found at www.hookedbykati.com