Vincent the Dragon amigurumi, Premium printable pattern
The Premium Pattern of Vincent the Dragon is a printable, 21-page, ad-free, professionally formatted pattern, with extra guide photos not included in the free version.
This is a PATTERN for CROCHET ONLY!
All patterns are written in US terms using Craft Yarn Council abbreviations.
Originally published on Hooked by Kati blog, September, 2019.
This pattern is a printable .pdf file, ready for instant download, ad-free, and in a professional format. It contains extra pictures not found in the free version. This pattern is also available in a web-only, free format at www.hookedbykati.com.
Do not put this or any soft toy in a crib with a sleeping baby to reduce risks of suffocation.
Advanced. Knowledge needed of chains (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), double crochet (dc), back loops only (BLO), Right side (RS), Wrong side (WS), increases and decreases. Knowledge of amigurumi part attachment is recommended. Pattern uses short rounds for shaping.
- Red Heart With Love yarn, 100% acrylic, worsted weight, 370 yds/7 oz/198 g, Evergreen (EVER), 1 ball; Lettuce (LETT), < 1 ball; Aran (ARAN), < 1 ball.
- G (4.00 mm) hook
- Two 24mm colored slit-pupil (cat eye) safety eyes
- 22” long piece of 14-gauge coated/insulated solid copper wire, each end folded in half and crimped to avoid a sharp tip (I got mine here: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwire-50-ft-14-White-Solid-CU-THHN-Wire-11580883/204834060 )
- Polyfil stuffing
- Tapestry needle
- Straight pins
20” long x 12” tall; tail hangs 9” below shelf
8 sts x 8 rows in sc = 2” x 2”
- Work in continuous rounds. Do not slip stitch unless otherwise specified by the pattern.
- For best results, assemble parts in order as directed.
- Weave in attachment ends at very end of project in case pieces require repositioning.
- Rows labeled “WS” or “wrong side” are worked with the stitches facing the inside of the piece; rows labeled “RS” or “right side” are worked with the stitches facing the outside of the piece as normal. This is to help you keep track of your rows while working short rows.
- Rounds labeled “Short rnd” are worked back and forth and will end before the round is complete, leaving stitches deliberately unworked to be worked in later rounds as instructed.
- When instructed, an additional sc will be added at the end of a round to move the starting stitch of the next round to the left.
- On pieces containing short rounds, stuff firmly to blend texture of stitches.
- Ch-2 at beginning of round counts as dc.
- Bobble-st – Bobble stitch: [Yo, insert hook into st, pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops on hook] 5 times in same st, yo, pull through all 6 loops on hook.
- Surface sc – Surface single crochet: With loop on hook, insert hook around post or between stitches of finished work, pull up a loop, yo, pull through both loops on hook. Work single crochets on top of finished work.
- Sc join – Single crochet join: Slip knot in yarn, loop slip knot over hook, insert hook through stitch, yarn over, pull through, yarn over, pull through both loops on hook.
- Surface st – Surface stitch – With slip knot behind work, insert hook front to back through work, pull up slip knot, insert hook into next stitch of finished work, pull up a loop, pull through loop on hook. Insert hook front to back into next st of finished work, pull up a loop, pull through loop on hook.
You may sell products made by this pattern, but please link back to hookedbykati.com or credit Hooked By Kati on the craft fair tag. Do not copy this pattern for distribution or sale; that’s not nice and slightly illegal.
All my patterns come with unlimited help from me. If you run into a snag, drop me a line! I respond quickly and will help any way I can to clarify any confusion or challenging stitches.